Monday, May 6, 2013

Dresser Revamp Progress

Nakedness
I am long overdue to post an update on the furniture revamp project.  It was very satisfying and exciting when I started painting last week.  I absolutely L-O-V-E the color.  I'll admit...it's a tad bold, but I think it's perfect for my shop.  It needs some livening up down there.

I found a couple really helpful videos on YouTube about how to go about this kind of project.  I saw people using different methods: some producing better results than others.

Paint It Black...er...I mean Blue
I ended up applying three coats of paint, even though I probably would have been alright with two.  I really want this to turn out well, so I thought a third coat wouldn't hurt.

I'm not gonna lie to you:  I had the AC/DC cranked in the garage for the painting process.  A little motivation tunage is always helpful.  





In all seriousness though, this color just makes me happy.

I'm glad I started out with an easy piece for my first project.  I was able to do almost all of the sanding with the electric sander.  There was only one small area I had to do by hand.

Now that the painting is done, it's time for distressing. BUT I'M WICKED SCARED!  Ha!  It looks so nice all painted up in bright blue.  I don't want to ruin it.  But alas...it was only $5, so I'm going to give it a go.  I hope to get back to it (and maybe finish) this week. I'm stoked to see what the new knobs are going to look like on it when it's complete. :)