The nesting bug is really biting the past few days, and I decided that I needed something cute to hold all the bottle parts for the tiny human. Organization is key, after all. To what? I'm not exactly sure.
So I finally jumped on the bandwagon and tried out one of these baskets. It did in fact only take me 54 minutes from start to finish - including pressing and cutting.
I also added a couple of my own minor touches. I wanted the handles to be a little stiffer than what I've seen on the Instagram pics, so I added a layer of Pellon's Shape Flex to those. I also made them an inch shorter, and I really like how they turned out.
The only other tweak I made was a little extra top-stitching. I really enjoy the look of a double top-stitched seam, so I did that to both sides of the handles and around the top of the basket.
This is a great pattern, and I think I'll probably make one or two more of these for some odds and ends in the nursery.
I tried to get a picture of Keef in the basket, but she was having none of it. She is not a team player. :)